Saturday, July 4, 2009

I wanna take you to a gay bar!

Title = song lyrics from Gay Bar by Electric Six. I died laughing at their PV, it's so...



Indian Court Overturns Gay Sex Ban

"In their decision, Chief Justice A. P. Shah and Justice S. Muralidhar declared Section 377, as it pertains to consensual sex among people above the age of 18, in violation of important parts of India’s Constitution. “Consensual sex amongst adults is legal, which includes even gay sex and sex among the same sexes,” they said.

The old law violates Article 14 of the Constitution, which guarantees all people “equality before the law;” Article 15, which prohibits discrimination “on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth;” and Article 21, which guarantees “protection of life and personal liberty,” the judges said."



Dear Singapore:
What exactly are you doing? You, 'modern' Singapore?


[I strongly believe that all Man should be equal, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality and what-have-you. As such, there shouldn't be such a thing called "second class citizens", or discrimination against all of these groups. This isn't just a General Paper statement to sound good on essays. It is because to me, no one should dictate another person's life; it just makes you self-conceited and ignorant. What gives such people the notion that they know better, I never know.

The psychological impact of being told that you're 'inferior' or 'wrong' is much deeper than some assume. (I'd say even I cannot fanthom the anguish these people go through due to the absence of acceptance, as I have not experienced it myself) Which is probably why I feel so much for the subject. Or maybe I just feel strongly against egoism, biogotry, and basically the holier-than-thou attitude.]

tldr; GAY RIGHTS WOOT. AND IN SOME PLACE NOT USA OR EUROPE.

(er, 'tldr;' means 'too long, didn't read')

No comments: